A trio of sweet-sounding single-coil pickups
If you're a single-coil tone connoisseur, you'll love the PRS Silver Sky. Its pickups combine the best elements of early-'60s American electric guitars: a round and full tone with glassy, musical highs that never venture into icepick land. The chiming harmonics yielded by these pickups are jaw-dropping. And when you put them in front of a tube amp, you get a gorgeous growl with outstanding note definition. These pickups have a few modern tricks up their sleeve, too: they exhibit a higher signal-to-noise ratio than vintage models, and their in-between sounds are noise canceling. On top of that, their electronics have been precision valued, ensuring superior consistency from pickup to pickup.
Classic-styled tremolo with modern reliability
Much like its tuners, the Silver Sky's tremolo takes a classic design and embellishes it with modern features. For starters, it features PRS's unthreaded tremolo arm, which supplies you with a small set screw to optimize its playing position. Beyond that, Gen III knife-edge screws ensure a reliable return to pitch. Also, per John Mayer's request, the tremolo rests flush against the guitar's body in a neutral position, so that it only goes down in pitch. Keeping the bridge in contact with the body amplifies the guitar acoustically, which improves the signal-to-noise ratio of the Silver Sky's pickups.
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Vintage-inspired guitar based on John Mayer's early-'60s instruments
- Familiar shape with an eye-catching contrasting tone in its cutaway scoop
- Comfortable bolt-on maple neck is patterned after John Mayer's beloved vintage instruments
- Easy-playing maple fingerboard with 22 custom-sized frets, 25.5" scale length, and 7.25" radius
- Inverted PRS-style headstock was modified to accommodate John's playing style and improve intonation
- Sweet-sounding single-coil pickups churn out glassy, musical tones with excellent note definition
- Classic-styled tremolo with PRS’s unthreaded trem arm and Gen III knife-edge screws
- Traditional vintage-style closed-back tuners with modern locking mechanisms
- Includes a bone nut, molded metal jack plate, retooled knobs, and PRS's double-action truss rod