Since the DS-1's introduction in 1978, guitarists everywhere have been snatching it up, putting it in their signal chain, and using it to achieve their signature distorted rock tones. It's great for all flavors of rock - everything from experimental to indie to modern to heavier grunge-infused genres. That versatility, combined with its great price, make the DS-1 the perfect pick for a first distortion pedal - it's a solid investment toward proven tone.Three-control layout for a range of essential distortion tones
The BOSS DS-1 features three knobs that can take it in a number of different tonal directions. There's a tone knob, a level knob, and a distortion knob. By cranking each up or down, you can pull out a range of different tones - from subtle bite to rich crunch to all-out fuzz. The midrange on the DS-1 is scooped, which gives it a distinct tonal flavor, which many players prefer. Want sonic reference? Give Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" a listen - all that crunch came courtesy of the BOSS DS-1.BOSS guitar pedals: rugged, reliable, more than 10,000,000 sold
More than 10,000,000 BOSS guitar and bass effects pedals have been sold to players worldwide, including such esteemed players as Yngwie Malmsteen, Dave Navarro, John Petrucci, Marty Friedman, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani. You've also no doubt heard BOSS pedals recorded and onstage beneath the feet of bands of all genres, including Muse, The Killers, and Silversun Pickups. The reason for the success is clear: not only do BOSS effects pedals sound great - but they're also built like tanks and designed with serious use in mind. Each BOSS pedal is housed in a stomp-ready metal box and features a rubberized stomp area and base to help safeguard against slipping. So, whether you're a fresh-out-of-the-gate beginner, an axe-veteran designing your dream pedalboard, or anywhere in between, you can depend on BOSS's proven line of pedals to craft your tone.BOSS DS-1 Distortion Effects Pedal Features:
- Tone, Distortion, and Level controls
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 470 ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise Level: -122 dBu (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Connectors: Input Jack, Output Jack, AC Adapter Jack (9V DC)
- Power Supply: 9V DC, either a Dry Battery 9V type or an AC Adapter
- Current Draw: 4 mA (9V DC)
- Accessories: Dry Battery 9V type (6F22/9 V)
- Optional AC Adapter - Roland PSA-120S
- 2-7/8" W x 5-1/8" D x 2-3/8" H
- Weight: 15 oz
- Pedal Type: Distortion
- Inputs: 1 x Instrument
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Batteries: 1 x 9V
- Height: 2.4"
- Width: 2.9"
- Depth: 5.1"
- Weight: 1 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: DS-1