With five distinct amp characters to choose from, support for acoustic-electric guitars, and access to a wide range of customizable effects, the BOSS Katana MkII series represents a new generation of flexible amplifiers for practice and performance. A set of familiar controls allow for fast tone shaping, and you can use the BOSS Tone Studio editor software to further customize your amp settings and effects. The BOSS Katana 100 MkII is also equipped with an adjustable Power Control that allows you to achieve cranked-amp tone at lower volume levels. For a does-it-all amplifier for electric and acoustic-electric guitar, you definitely need to check out the BOSS Katana 100 MkII combo amp from Sweetwater.What's new in the BOSS Katana 100 MkII
Here's a quick list of the hottest features in your second-gen BOSS Katana 100 combo amplifier:
- Power Amp In(put) — Got a floor unit or tube preamp you can't live without? You can access all 100 watts of the Katana's Class A/B power section using the MkII's power amp input. Here you bypass everything before the power amp and speakers, so what you hear is exactly what you expect — only live and in living color.
- Stereo Expand — You can fill every side of a stage with breathtaking stereo effects using the Katana's built-in Stereo Expand link. Simple master/slave operation by way of a single guitar cable makes setup a breeze. In this mode, you can access choruses that envelop the listener in a swath of oceany motion. Delays that ping-pong from ear to ear. And reverbs that descend like a cloud upon a room.
- New amp models — The classics you love are back in full effect in the Katana MkII. Only now, you can access new variations on the original five amp models to create an even more versatile gigging platform, for country cleans to metal gains to acoustic-voiced amplification.
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio — Customizing your sound within the Katana MkII is easier than ever using the new and improved BOSS Tone Studio software. 60 BOSS effects, channel-by-channel EQs, adjustable routing, and much more await your every command.
The BOSS Katana 100 MkII packs five distinct amp voicings. Clean, Crunch and Lead cover the range from chiming clean tones and gritty rhythm tones to solo-worthy high-gain leads. As an added bonus, the Brown setting is derived from the BOSS Waza amplifier — think iconic '80s metal. And finally, the Acoustic mode allows you to plug-in your acoustic-electric guitar, too. No matter what style of music you play, or even what kind of guitar you play, there's a world of tone to explore in the BOSS Katana 100 MkII combo amplifier.Cab-emulated outputs for silent recording and performance
While the BOSS Katana 100 MkII offers a Power Control for getting cranked-amp tone at a low volume level, you can achieve truly silent operation onstage or in the studio by connecting the amp's line output to a line input on your recording device or a PA, completely bypassing the speaker. Cab emulation is available on the USB and headphone outputs, as well, so however you choose to monitor your BOSS Katana 100 MkII, it'll feel like you're standing in front of an amp. Selectable cab resonance (Vintage/Modern/Deep) and Air Feel miking emulation (direct, distant, or blended) allow you to tailor emulated tones to taste.Powered by the NEW BOSS Tone Studio
The BOSS Katana 100 MkII supports 60 timeless BOSS effects, and you can load an entire series of them for instant access. The amp's Booster/Mod, FX/Delay, and Reverb controls give you easy one-knob access to each effects type, with a color-coded button to switch between preset effects. To completely customize your effects and amp settings, connect the BOSS Katana 100 MkII to your computer via USB and load up the Tone Studio software. Create your own setup, or download setups created by pro guitarists at the BOSS Tone Studio website. Best of all, the BOSS Katana 100 MkII can store multiple custom amp and effects profiles for instant recall, making this combo a versatile multi-channel amplifier.BOSS Katana 100 MkII Combo Guitar Amplifier Features:
- Versatile combo amp with five amp voicings, customizable effects, and editor software
- Amp characters include Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the BOSS Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitar)
- 60 timeless BOSS effects, accessible from the BOSS Tone Studio
- Variable Power Control allows you to achieve cranked-amp tone at lower volume levels
- Shape your tone quickly with dedicated Gain, EQ, and Effects controls
- Use the BOSS Tone Studio editor software to customize your effects and amp settings
- Effects Loop allows you to add effects pedals after the preamp section
- Power Amp In brings uncolored amplification to your external modelers and preamps
- Stereo Expand switch for single-cable stereo operation across two Katanas
- Full GA-FC foot controller support
- Type: Solid State
- Number of Channels: 5 x Amp Types
- Total Power: 100W (50W, 0.5W settings)
- Speaker Size: 1 x 12"
- Reverb: Yes
- Effects: Modulation, Delay, 60 Boss Effects (Tone Studio software)
- EQ: 3-band EQ
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/4" (power amp), 1 x 1/8" (aux)
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (line), 1 x 1/4" (rec/headphones)
- Effects Loop: Yes
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Headphones: Yes
- Footswitch I/O: 1 x 1/4" (solo), 1 x 1/4" (expression), GA-FC controller support
- Footswitch Included: No
- Computer Connectivity: USB
- Construction Material: Black Tolex Open-back Cabinet
- Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 17.5"
- Width: 20.8"
- Depth: 9.8"
- Weight: 32.6 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: KTN-100-2