Ever since it's 1982 debut, BOSS's OC-2 octave effect has left an indelible line on the guitar and bass market. The great news is, the BOSS OC-5 delivers the classic OC-2 mono sound in a big way, and better than ever thanks to its improved tracking engine. Dedicated controls for your dry tone and each of the two octaves down help achieve synth-like sub bass and tight octave lead crawls without any fuss.Poly mode: give your bassist the night off
The BOSS OC-5 picks up where the OC-3 left off, with a smart polyphonic sub tracker that's able to flesh out power chords, open chords, and barre chords with bass-like root notes. It's the last piece of the puzzle for the solo acoustic performer. The OC-5 gives you a Range knob to help restrict octaves to exactly where you want them.Octave-up effect (either mode)
A new +1 Oct control on your BOSS OC-5 Octave pedal unlocks 12-string textures and classic fuzz solo tones. Best of all, this control can be used with Vintage and Polyphonic mode's -1 Oct and -2 Oct controls for a thick, impenetrable tone.Flawless tracking
The BOSS OC-5 Octave pedal's brand-new tracking engine promises low latency, high expression, and zero dropped notes. And whether you're running it in mono or poly modes, this means better performance across the board, even for vintage octave enthusiasts.Guitar/Bass switch
A dedicated switch on the side of your OC-5 lets you tailor this octaver's tracking response for guitar or bass. So for the price of one pedal, you're effectively getting two powerful octave effects that you can transplant onto any live pedal rig.Isolated direct output
Whether you're running a wet/dry amp rig or you want to send a clean bass signal to front of house, the BOSS OC-5 has you covered. Its Direct Out retains all the character of your dry instrument tone, which means endless possibilities onstage or in-studio.Battery or wall powered
With a modest 55mA current draw, the BOSS OC-5 is able to give you around 7 hours of runtime off a single 9V battery. This makes it a great option for players who love the sound of alkaline or carbon-zinc. For modern pedalboards, a standard center-negative wall supply works just fine. Searching for the ultimate does-it-all guitar/bass octave pedal? Sweetwater recommends giving the BOSS OC-5 Octave a spin.BOSS OC-5 Octave Pedal Features:
- The ultimate does-it-all octave pedal effect
- Instrument switch — optimizes the OC-5 for guitar or bass
- Vintage setting — a spot-on re-creation of the classic BOSS OC-2 mono octaver
- Poly setting — adds bass notes to power chords and open chords, which can be reined in using the Range control
- Octave-up control unlocks 12-string textures and classic rock screaming leads
- Direct Out runs a parallel dry signal to a stage amp or front of house
- Enhanced tracking engine produces ultra-low latency note tracking
- 55mA draw —can be powered by a 9V or standard pedal power supply
- Quality buffered bypass adds reach to your cable runs
- Pedal Type: Guitar/Bass Octave
- Effects: Octave-up, Octave-down, Poly Chord Mode, Vintage Mode
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (main out), 1 x 1/4" (direct out)
- Bypass Switching: Buffered
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply required (sold separately)
- Power Usage: 55mA
- Batteries: 1 x 9V
- Height: 2.32"
- Width: 2.87"
- Depth: 5.07"
- Weight: 0.97 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: OC-5