The RC-5 Loop Station, the latest iteration of BOSS's iconic red-boxed looper pedals, gives you 13 hours of pristine 32-bit stereo record time parceled out into 99 Phrase Memories. Phrase Memories store not only base loops and overdubs you've laid down, but also with tempo and reverb assignments to any of the 114 onboard drum grooves and seven drum kits you've chosen for accompaniment. This takes the RC-5 far beyond traditional looper territory and into something more akin to song management. Just think: Now you can quickly lay down chords, bass lines, melodies, and rhythms for scratch padding new ideas to potential bandmates. Or you can zhuzh up those loops and turn them into full-production live solo accompaniment. And thanks to the RC-5's USB connection, you can easily backup and reload loops by the setful. Through it all, the BOSS RC-5 Loop Station remains fast to learn, easy to use, and endless fun to play around with. The animated RGB backlit LCD keeps you apprised of measure, beat, and loop status every step of the way. Power user? The RC-5 also gives you stereo ins and outs, an assignable external footswitch/expression pedal port, and even TRS-MIDI in/out for syncing with drum machines and remote operation from your pedalboard MIDI switcher.
13 hours of 32-bit stereo record time*
When inspiration strikes, you can count on BOSS's RC-5 Loop Station to capture those fleeting moments of musical creativity. Loops and overdubs are recorded in flawless 32-bit depth to preserve the full dynamics of your performance without the presence of additional noise or overloading. Whether you're using the RC-5's 99 Phrase Memories to generate playback material on the stage or archiving your studio-worthy song ideas for further review and arrangement, the RC-5 delivers the run time and quality you're searching for.
*Maximum single track length: 1.5 hours
As anyone with a looper will tell you, those memory slots store up fast. That's why the BOSS RC-5 gives you not only 99 Phrase Memories for instant recall — each complete with overdubs and rhythm presets — but USB import/export as well. So when you need to offload loops from your solo acoustic shows to make way for your Eddie Money-tribute sax lines, swapping out files is as easy as dragging and dropping.Animated color LCD
Traditional loopers leave you in the dark when it comes to loop arrangement. But not the BOSS RC-5 Loop Station. Its animated RGB LCD screen keeps you apprised of beat, measure, and record (red)/playback (green) status. This visual reference lets you interact with loops in powerful new ways.Battery or wall powered
When you just want a looper you can run into your amp without additional cables, the RC-5 Loop Station's 9-volt battery support pays off in a major way. Get up to two hours of runtime on an alkaline 9-volt battery. Or for more permanent pedalboard setups, run the RC-5 long-term on a standard 9-volt center-negative power supply, such as the Roland PSA-S (not included).114 built-in drum patterns
When you're laying down a rhythm part, a backbeat can galvanize your grooves like nothing else. The RC-5 gives you 57 different rhythms tracks, each with A/B variations, which can be auditioned back through your choice of seven drum kits. Application is simple: tap in a tempo directly on the RC-5 as you create a loop, then just engage the Rhythm On/Off button for instant accompaniment.Onboard rhythm reverb
Love ambient drums? You can assign the RC-5 Loop Station's rich onboard digital reverb to rhythm tracks for added depth and dimensionality. Reverb settings can be saved along with kit choice to the RC-5's 99 Phrase Memories.MIDI and expression ports
Advanced features that set the RC-5 further apart from its contemporaries include TRS-MIDI in/out jacks (for remote control or beat sync with external devices) and a flexible expression/footswitch port, which can be assigned to any number of the RC-5's major functions: record start/stop, wet/dry mix, and more. Looking for a next-gen looper pedal that doesn't take up an entire pedalboard? Consider the BOSS RC-5 Loop Station from Sweetwater.BOSS RC-5 Loop Station Features:
- The latest iteration of BOSS's iconic red-boxed looper pedals
- 13 hours of stereo record time
- Flawless 32-bit/44.1kHz quality
- 99 Phrase Memories, plus USB import/export
- Animated color LCD shows measure and beat information as well as record/playback status
- 114 built-in drum patterns (57 + A/B variations) with 7 drum kits and assignable reverb
- MIDI and expression ports for remote control, external beat sync, record start/stop, and more
- Runs off 9-volt battery or optional power supply (not included)
- Support footswitches and expression pedals: FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7, FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, EV-5
- Pedal Type: Looper
- Looper: 99 x Phrases, 1-track Looper
- Looping Time: 1.5 hours (1-track), 13 hours (max memory total)
- Presets: 57 x Rhythms (2 variations), 7 x Rhythm Kits
- Effects: Reverb (rhythm parts)
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4" (A/mono,B)
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (A/mono,B)
- MIDI I/O: 2 x 1/8" TRS (In,Out)
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Other I/O: 1 x 1/4" TRS (stop/memory)
- Bypass Switching: Buffered Bypass
- Storage: WAV file audio (backup via USB)
- Software: Boss Tone Studio
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Batteries: 1 x 9V
- Height: 2.25"
- Width: 2.87"
- Depth: 5.12"
- Weight: 0.93 lbs. (excluding battery)
- Manufacturer Part Number: RC-5