Compact and portable at 12 lb, this pair of 50W CR4BT Multimedia Monitors from Mackie provides audio playback in home and studio environments. As such, they are useful for mixing music or post-production sound, and they boast Bluetooth capability to boot.
The pair consists of one Class AB amplifier-powered monitor and a passive un-powered monitor that you can connect with an included stereo cable. For the low-end, these speakers utilize 4" polypropylene-coated woofers and a rear port tube, while the highs are handled by 0.75" silk dome tweeters; all of this ensures a frequency response of 70 to 20,000 Hz with a maximum SPL of 100 dB.
A switch allows you to select whether the powered speaker will function as the left or right monitor. This is particularly helpful when you must position the speakers near power outlets, or when you have to decide whether you'd rather have your front-panel volume knob situated on your left or right. Also adorning the monitor's front are an LED (indicating whether or not your monitors are on at any given time) and a dedicated headphone output (for private listening; please note that plugging your headphones in will silence the monitors themselves).
You can connect mobile devices and other devices directly to the monitors via 3.5mm, 1/4", or RCA inputs—but then again, feel free to skip all that and just go with Bluetooth. The monitors also come with isolation pads for reducing the transmission of structural vibrations.
The CR4BT features a download for ProTools | First and The Musician's Collection plug-in package including 23 high-quality plugins with BBD Delay, Level Lite, 304E EQ, and 304C Compressor. To authorize the software, simply input the mixer's serial number on the website.
- 50W peak, 28W RMS
- RCA, 3.5mm, and 1/4" TRS balanced and unbalanced inputs
- Supports Bluetooth and stereo headphones
- Lightweight at 12 lb
- Switchable L/R configuration for convenience
- On-board volume knob
- Wood cabinet
- Multiple necessary cables included
- Acoustic isolation pads included
- Included software from Avid, including Pro Tools | First and plug-ins
- An industry standard for decades, Pro Tools | First is easy enough for beginners yet sophisticated enough for experienced musicians. Get many of the same tools used by your favorite artists and recording studios. And now you can collaborate online with anyone, anywhere, and create at the speed of your imagination. Available for macOS and Windows operating systems.
- In addition to the powerful plug-ins within Pro Tools | First, this mixer comes with the exclusive Mackie Musician Collection featuring 23 fantastic plug-ins, including:
- Avid 304E EQ: Add musical warmth with a treble and bass equalizer with sweepable mid control
- Avid 304C Compressor: Tweak the clarity, balance, and rhythmic feel of music with this optical-modeled compressor
- BBD Delay: Create delay, chorus, and vibrato effects based on a classic guitar pedal
- Black Op Distortion: Add rich distortion based on a classic distortion pedal
- Black Shiny Wah: Achieve the famous classic tones of a respected wah wah pedal
- Black Spring Reverb: Get the twang and space of a vintage amplifier
- C1 Chorus: Emulates a classic chorus pedal
- DC Distortion: Dial up a range of overdriven tones with this Avid custom distortion effect
- Eleven Lite: Get the sound of popular guitar amps and speaker cabinets
- Flanger: Create esoteric sounds with this homage to vintage and modern flangers
- Graphic EQ: Sculpt frequencies with ease
- Gray Compressor: Add warmth to tracks based on a vintage Ross compressor
- Green JRC Overdrive: Get the coveted sounds of a classic IC overdrive pedal
- In-Tune: Keep your instruments in tune with this digital tuner
- Orange Phaser: Create interesting effects with this phase shifter based on a classic design
- Roto Speaker: Recreate the sounds of a Leslie rotary speaker cabinet
- Sci-Fi: Add analog synth-type ring and frequency modulation
- Studio Reverb: Create natural-sounding reverb and ambient effects
- Tape Echo: Add vintage analog delay and chorus effects
- Tri Knob Fuzz: Get the Hendrix tone with this fuzz box based on one of the first fuzz pedals
- Vari-Fi: Create the effect of audio changing tape speed
- Vibe Phaser: Add phase-shift and rotary speaker effects
- White Boost: Boost gain without coloring tone
Studio Monitor Monitor TypeActive 2-WayEnclosureBass-ReflexPower Rating50 W PeakDriversLF Driver: 1 x 4" / 10.16 cm Polypropylene Woofer
HF Driver: 1 x 0.75" / 1.91 cm Silk Dome TweeterAmplification1 x Full-Range Amplifier: Class-AB Rated at 28 W RMS / 50 W Peak Performance Frequency Range60 Hz to 20 kHz (at -10 dB)
70 Hz to 20 kHz (at -3 dB)Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL)100 dBPhase AdjustmentNone Signal Processing EQNoneFiltersNoneParametric EQNone Crossover Crossover Frequency3 kHz Connectivity I/O2 x 1/4" TRS Balanced/Unbalanced Female Analog Input (20 Kilohms)
2 x RCA Unbalanced Female Analog Input (10 Kilohms)
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Unbalanced Female Analog Input (10 Kilohms)
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Unbalanced Female Analog Output Power AC Input Power120 VAC, 60 HzPower Consumption72 W Environmental Operating Temperature32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C General Enclosure MaterialMDFMounting PointsNoneDimensions (W x H x D)6.1 x 8.8 x 7.3" / 15.5 x 22.4 x 18.5 cm (Each)Weight6.0 lb / 2.7 kg (Each) Packaging Info Package Weight13.2 lbBox Dimensions (LxWxH)17.2 x 11.6 x 9.8"