Custom 24 With a Look of Its Own
PRS's SE Custom 24 has long been a favorite solidbody electric guitar around Sound Exchange Music. Its mahogany body, fast-playing maple neck, high-quality humbucking pickups, and effortless tremolo makes it many player's go-to instrument. But PRS is adding a new level of exotic beauty with this SE Custom 24 Exotic Top. Its spalted maple look adds a unique quality and show-stopping appearance to the legendary platform. And to make sure your SE Custom 24 Exotic Top will work on your gig, a push/pull pot offers single-coil like chime on demand.
Exotic tonewood appointments
Though all PRS SE Custom 24 solidbody electric guitars are beautiful, this model boasts some aesthetic appointments that we believe sets it a step above. The first thing you'll notice is the guitar's unique spalted maple top. This wood features a beautiful grain that's extremely unique from guitar to guitar, and it is perfectly offset by the body's white binding. Finally, the familiar high-quality mahogany, maple, and rosewood combination is applied through the rest of the instrument for a familiar feel and tone.
The contoured mahogany body gives the SE Custom 24 a perfect balance of rich midrange and top-end clarity (and the beautiful spalted maple top veneer helps make this instrument a real looker). Add a pair of PRS-designed humbuckers in the bridge and neck positions, and you've got a recipe for thick, sustaining tones. Pull up on the tone pot, and you'll access chiming, bell-like single-coil sounds. And the SE Custom 24's maple neck has a wide-thin carve, making it very fast and playable.
PRS-designed SE 85/15 humbucking pickups
The two humbucking pickups in this SE Custom 24 are Paul Reed Smith-designed SE 85/15s. An update on PRS's original humbuckers, the 85/15s are designed to sound terrific whether used in humbucking or single-coil modes. They offer you plenty of output for driving your amp hard, while sounding clear and detailed when you want. These SE humbuckers closely resemble the tones of the U.S.-made versions found in the solidbody electric guitars crafted at PRS's Maryland factory.
PRS SE Custom 24 Exotic Top Electric Guitar Features:
- Full-featured Paul Reed Smith at a great price
- Beautiful spalted maple top gives the guitar an elegant look
- Legendary PRS quality and playability
- Mahogany body for punchy tone and long sustain
- PRS-designed tremolo maintains tuning under heavy use
- PRS SE 85/15 pickups sound great humbucking or single-coil
- Push-pull tone knob accesses great single-coil-type tones
- Wide-thin maple neck is comfortable and fast
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:SE Doublecut
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Top Material:Maple top, Spalted Maple veneer
- Body Finish:V12
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Wide Thin
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood, bound
- Fingerboard Inlay:Birds
- Number of Frets:24
- Scale Length:25"
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Nut Material:Synthetic
- Bridge/Tailpiece:PRS Molded Tremolo
- Tuners:PRS Designed Tuners
- Neck Pickup:85/15 "S" Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:85/15 "S" Humbucker
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull coil-tap), 3-way blade pickup switch
- Case Included:Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:CU4SSCBVS