Amazing Kick Stage Mic
The supercardioid pickup pattern limits interference from other on-stage sound sources and reduces feedback. The frequency response is perfectly tailored for bass instruments with a 20Hz to 10kHz frequency response and a presence boost at 4kHz to let electric basses and kick drums cut through the mix.
Great for Studio Work
In the studio, the Beta 52A excels on low-frequency sound sources. Supercardioid mics have a tendency toward increased proximity effect. Since the Beta 52A sports a supercardioid pickup pattern, positioning the mic closer to sound sources results in a bigger bottom-end response. This is great for tailoring the sound for the specific project.
Like all Shure mics, the Beta 52A is built like a tank, meaning that you can travel with it from gig to gig and rest assured that it will last. Shure mics are famous for their bulletproof construction, and the Beta 52 is no exception. Night after night, the Beta 52A will perform!
Shure Beta 52A Dynamic Microphone Features:
- Perfect for kick drum and other low frequency information
- Handles an impressive 174dB SPLs to cover even the loudest sources
- Presence boost at 4kHz brings out transients such as kick-drum beater attack
- Strong proximity effect for tonal variation
- Supercardioid pickup pattern provides excellent isolation from off-axis sound