Vox is a major player in the world of modeled sounds, and the Cambridge 50 is loaded with its groundbreaking Virtual Element Technology, or VET. This tech models guitar amplifiers and effects circuits down to a component level, giving you a playing experience like that of playing through a great tube amp and a stack of stomps at your feet. Now you'll feel the tube sag, high-powered punch, chime, and grind of your favorite American and British amplifier designs, all through a compact performance amp.11 amps, 8 effects models
This VET technology is applied to the Cambridge 50's 11 amp models, which include Vox's own AC30 Normal and Top Boost channels, gainy Brit 800 and Double Rec types, a scooped-mids clean Deluxe CL, and more. But the tone journey doesn't end there. Along with the amp models, you get to fine tune your tone with eight effects models (two available simultaneously). You'll have full access to chorus, a flanger, phaser, tremolo, tape-style delay, analog-style delay, and two types of reverb, all there to inspire and fuel your creativity. If there's a sound in your head, there's a good chance you'll find it in the Vox Cambridge 50.Nutube preamp section
In a world of great-sounding digital options, it's always refreshing to find groundbreaking technology that still adheres to the "tubes are better" mentality. The Cambridge 50 combo amp carries on this tradition. Its preamp section proudly sports a tiny electro-luminescent vacuum tube, called Nutube, to generate the punch, sag, compression, and harmonics that we guitar players thirst for in our favorite amps. Whether it's a tweed American combo, a throaty British stack, or a chimy overblown AC30, the Nutube preamp does a great job of approximating these real-tube qualities in every model found within the Cambridge 50.Custom-voiced Celestion VX12 speaker
A real 12" Celestion speaker in a completely open-back cabinet gives the Cambridge 50 tonal sophistication without driving up the weight. This British-styled speaker is characterized by a hefty bottom end, an aggressive midrange punch, and a crisp top to bring out the detail in each amp model.Onboard USB audio interface
In addition to its high-spec performance capabilities, the Cambridge 50 is an amp that integrates seamlessly with your desktop music setup, courtesy of a USB audio interface that lets you connect it to your computer to record directly into your music-making software of choice. Once connected, you have access to the Tone Room editor/librarian software for easy access to parameters that are not accessible from the unit itself, and for storing your settings in a library. Vox's free Tone Room editor/librarian software and bundled JamVOX III modeling software streamline tone backups and even offers a viable option for practicing and learning songs. For all these features and more, the Vox Cambridge 50 is creating quite a buzz around the water coolers of Sweetwater HQ. We encourage you to take one for a test drive today.Vox Cambridge 50 1x12" Modeling Guitar Amplifier Combo Features:
- 50-watt modeling amp with 11 preset amp programs and 8 effect types
- Compact, lightweight design
- VET technology virtualizes amp and FX models down to the component level
- Nutube preamp section supplies tube-like performance in a cool-running, highly-portable package
- 12" Celestion VX12 speaker brings out the heft and detail in each model
- USB connection for direct recording and pairing with included software suite
- Cam-emulated headphone output partners well with the amp's aux input
- Simple onboard tuner keeps you sounding your best onstage
- Type: Solid State with Korg Nutube
- Number of Channels: 2 x User Programs
- Total Power: 50W
- Speaker Size: 1 x 12" Celestion VX12 4 ohms
- Preamp Tubes: Nutube 6P1
- Reverb: Yes
- Effects: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Delay
- Amp Modeling: Vox Virtual Element Technology, 10 x Models
- EQ: Treble, Bass
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Headphones: 1 x 1/8"
- Footswitch I/O: 1 x 1/4" (program changes)
- Footswitch Included: No
- Computer Connectivity: USB
- Software: ToneRoom Editor/Librarian Software (Mac/Windows/iOS/Android), JamVOX III
- Power Source: 19V DC power supply (included)
- Height: 16.14"
- Width: 17.80"
- Depth: 9.45"
- Weight: 19.6 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: Cambridge50