Vintage-inspired neck with a modern twist
The SE Silver Sky’s biggest deviation from the standard model is a slightly modified 8.5-inch radius, as opposed to the original’s 7.25-inch radius. While most modernized fingerboards opt for a 10–16-inch radius, PRS has chosen to keep the radius mostly vintage, but with a small twist. It may seem like a small difference, but one riff on the SE Silver Sky is all it takes to feel the difference! By slightly flattening the radius, PRS managed to retain the feel that vintage guitar enthusiasts know and love, all the while infusing some modern performance into the SE Silver Sky’s neck.
A trio of sweet-sounding single-coil pickups
If you're a single-coil tone connoisseur, then you'll love the PRS SE Silver Sky. Its pickups combine the best elements of early-'60s American electric guitars: a round and full tone with glassy, musical highs that never venture into ice-pick land. The chiming harmonics yielded by these pickups are jaw dropping. And when you put them in front of a tube amp, you'll bask in a gorgeous growl with outstanding note definition. These pickups have a few modern tricks up their sleeve, too: they exhibit a higher signal-to-noise ratio than vintage models, and their in-between sounds are noise canceling.
Reliable 2-point tremolo system
The SE Silver Sky’s 2-point steel tremolo is inspired by the classic tremolo systems of the past — but with modern PRS performance! No matter whether you’re doing subtle flutters or full-on dive-bombs, the SE Silver Sky’s tremolo is rock solid and easy to setup.
PRS SE Silver Sky Electric Guitar Features:
- Vintage-inspired guitar based on John Mayer’s early-'60s instruments
- Familiar shape with an eye-catching contrasting tone in its cutaway scoop
- Lightweight poplar body
- Comfortable 635JM neck carve designed in collaboration with John Mayer
- Sturdy maple neck with a beautiful rosewood fingerboard
- 8.5-inch fingerboard radius for vintage feel with a modern touch
- 3 x 635JM single coils that produce glassy highs and full low-end punch
- Reliable 2-point steel tremolo
- Tech Specs