Great woods, great price
It’s arguably the lowest you can expect to pay for a guitar made with solid tonewoods. The GLN11E features okoume top, back, and sides; this rich tonewood not only looks gorgeous with plenty of stunning wood grain, but it also speaks with a strong focused voice and pairs well with the NEX body style. Okoume is rootsy, rustic, and full with the strong fundamentals of mahogany, slightly sweetened with brighter top end commonly associated with maple. The final garnish on the GLN11E? A vintage-style satin finish, which gives this guitar a stunning aura of professional sophistication that looks and feels great.
Ready to serve
The GLN11E doesn’t just look like a professional guitar, it also feels like one with performance-minded features that are nearly unmatched in its price range! The key to this playability is the GLN11E’s short-scale neck. Clocking in at 630mm, it plays much like a standard-scale guitar, but with the advantage of a softer, more supple string feel and enhanced low end for added warmth. This makes the GLN11E a perfect pick for players who want the power of a dreadnought or a jumbo, but also crave the smoother feel of a small-bodied guitar for fingerpicking. Putting the GLN11E to work at gigs, in the studio, or as a songwriting powerhouse is simple and easy. Onboard TP-3G electronics deliver straightforward but robust amplification with everything players could want or need from a built-in preamp. There’s versatile 3-band EQ and a chromatic tuner for always staying dialed in and on pitch. With features like this, you’re ready to tackle any musical scenario that calls for an acoustic guitar.
Takamine G-series GLN11E NEX Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- NEX-style acoustic-electric with a shortened scale length
- 630mm scale yields a warmer sound with silky string action that’s perfect for fingerpicking
- Okoume top, back, and sides deliver rustic, rootsy tone with robust clarity
- Jumbo-inspired NEX body gives the full sound of a dreadnought but with a more balanced overall feel
- Low-gloss natural satin finish lends an old-school vibe and stunning looks
- TP-3G electronics with built-in chromatic tuner and 3-band EQ
- Dovetail jointed mahogany neck with a slim profile for comfortable playing across many musical styles
- Jatoba fingerboard with a 12-inch radius and 21 frets
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:NEX
- Top Wood:Okoume
- Back & Sides Wood:Okoume
- Body Bracing:X-bracing
- Binding:Black/White/Black ABS
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Slim
- Fingerboard Material:Jatoba
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:21
- Scale Length:24.8"
- Tuning Machines:Chrome
- Nut Width:1.68"
- Electronics:Takamine TP-3G
- Case/Gig Bag:Sold Separately
- Manufacturer Part Number:TAKGLN11ENS